Tani Otoshi or Valley Drop is a side sacrifice technique. The key technical points are as follows:
- Tori comes with his leg on Uke's shin,
- Slides down with his leg and drops onto his side into a leaning motion.
- Throws Uke backwards with his foot fixed to tatami.
Demonstrations of correct bio mechanical actions and positioning for the technique, breaking of balance, entry and completion of the waza.
- Lesson discussed and demonstrated the Key Points (Yoten).
- Also discussed and demonstrated are significant areas of concern that would allow Uke to counter Tori.